Download Audiobooks and eBooks
You have access to thousands of audiobooks, eBooks, and videos through the Libby app. Up to 10 titles can be added to your online account at one time, titles do not have to be returned (no late fees!), and you can place holds or suggest titles for the library to purchase.
Follow these steps to get started (contact us if you need assistance):
1. Download the Libby app or the OverDrive app (for older devices) to your computer, eReader, phone, or tablet. Search for 'Libby' or 'OverDrive' in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Users with Blackberry devices will need to first download the Amazon App Market app in order to find and download the OverDrive app.
2. Create an account using your Sioux Lookout Public Library card number and a valid email address.
3. Add 'Sioux Lookout Public Library' as your library.
4. Search for audiobooks, eBooks, and videos through the Ontario Library Service Download Centre.
5. Download audiobooks, eBooks, and videos to your device to enjoy when you are offline.
Visit the library or contact us for any help with downloading.
Download Magazines and Comics/Graphic Novels
Download the RBdigital app from the App Store or Google Play (also available for the Amazon Kindle Fire). You will need to setup a free account that is activated with your 14 digit Sioux Lookout Public Library card. Download digital version of more than 3,000 available magazines and 1,000 comic book series and graphic novels.
Learn a New Language
The next evolution in language learning.
Step 2 - Download the Mango app from the App Store or Google Play. You can also use this service on a computer.
Step 3 - Activate the app with your 14-digit library card number (2 3660 0000 85437)